For courage and strength, you need a tiger eye! When you are looking for wealth, courage, strength, protection, and good fortune you better don’t buy a lottery ticket. So you are better off buying this beautiful brown silky gemstone. Besides that… it is more beautiful and is multi-purpose (in comparison to that ugly piece of paper they call a lottery ticket).
The tiger eye is 1 of the oldest talismans
This gemstone is considered one of the oldest talismans in the world. For example, the Egyptians thought that with this intriguing gemstone you can see everything and you know everything. Therefore they used a tiger eye to make the eyes of the deity statues. With this gemstone’s eyes, those statues got a divine vision.
The Roman soldiers, ordered to conquer Northern Europe, wore engraved Tiger eye amulets to prevent them from getting hurt in battle. The tiger eye should give them protection.
The powers of this gem.
In the older days, people believed that when you wear the tiger eye you can see everything, even through doors and walls. And you get the protection of the sun and the earth, which gives you power and wealth.
Linked to the powerful tiger.
This means that when you wear a jewel made of tiger eye, or even such a stone in your pocket will give you courage, the right use of power, prosperity, and integrity. Therefore it was very popular with the Roman soldiers. Although their masters did not respect that power since integrity and the right use of power were not very important to them looking to the history of the Roman Empire.
tiger eye stone bracelet (1 available)Product on sale
What does it look like?
Tiger eye has a brown color, actually more golden brown color. When you move the (polished) stone you see the ‘silky shine or luster of the stone moving’. That phenomenon is called ‘chatoyant’. This gemstone has ‘stripes’, all-in-one direction. The stripes are quartz crystals and fibers that turned into limonite.
More interesting facts
01. This gemstone is the zodiac stone for the people born between May 21 and June 20 under the zodiac sign Gemini or ‘twins’. And it is the gem to give for the 9th wedding anniversary.
02. It is said that this brown beauty is the solution for problems of confidence, self-criticism, writer’s block, and creativity issues. Wearing this gem makes you use your power in a correct way, it supports integrity and gaining your goals.
03. This gemstone is mined in the surroundings of the Oranje River in South Africa (just North of Capetown), and nearby Namibia, Australia, the United States, Mexico, Russia, and Ukraine, in India and Myanmar.
04. Clean your tiger eye jewelry with extra care and with a non-invasive method. Clean it with warm water and dry it with a soft cloth. Don’t keep the stone near a television or radio, because they may have a negative effect on the energy of this mineral.
05. There are three types of tiger eye:
- the blue variety is a stunning stone, that matches great with the brown variety. Besides the beauty it is a great stone if you are dealing with stress and anxiety. It helps to bring down emotions, helps with fear, anger and all negativity.
- the red variety is very popular, not only because of the amzing color, but also because it brings you success, wealth, money flow and positve energy. This red variety gives you courage.
- the green tiger eye will protect you against losing money and curses, gives you wealth and success, and courage. If you are a shy and quiet person, think about wearing this green stone to give you courage and will improve your courage to speak in public.
06. Besides the three types of the tiger eye there are also varieties of this gemstone. For instance, the tiger iron, is a combination of tiger eye, black hematite, and red jasper. The tiger iron can be recognized by the wavy stripes of colors, which are very beautiful to use for jewelry design. It is mined in Western Australia and South Africa.
07. It is possible to treat the tiger eye to change the color. If you heat the stone slowly the color will become red. The stones whose colors are too dark, you can chemically lighten them with nitric acid.
More ‘eye’ gemstones exist
This gemstone is not the only gem with chatoyancy. You have the ‘cat’s eye’. The cat’s eye is darker blue or black and has the same beautiful fibers, but the fibers are straight. And they look like a straight single band of light across the stone; like the iris of a cat.
Then there is the ‘Falcon’s eye’, which is blue-gray to blue-green and there is the ‘Ox Eye in mahogany or reddish color.
Beware of fake tiger eye
Today on the market you can find red or blue variations of tiger eyes and most of them are dyed or heated, although there are original varieties with these colors. This does not affect the powers of the gemstone. And they are really beautiful, but not an original non-treated gemstone. But to be honest… I love the blue variation!
The powers of the tiger eye are valuable for the believers and you can say ‘better safe than sorry’ when you doubt.
The fact is that it is a gorgeous gemstone, that has a great appearance in a piece of jewelry. It looks great in the combination with gold or lapis lazuli. And you hardly see the matte variation of it or jewelry with the raw version. I advise you to have a look at the beautiful examples and whether you believe in the powers of the tiger eye or not. Believe in the powers of its beauty.
If you like the story about the tiger eye and you like to read more stories about jewelry and gemstones, you are the lucky one. FlorenceJewelshop published a PDF with all the birthstones and other gemstones and it is free!. Just let me know where I can send it to. And it is a great present to give together with your gemstone present!
Hugs Florence from FlorenceJewelshop